Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Little Fruit Tarts

Gluten Free & Dairy Free

I had some peaches, and I wanted to do something with them, I wanted to have something for dessert after dinner. I've been having mad cravings for fruit recently. I could just stew them maybe I thought... no that's boring... um maybe some type of peach crumble... no, that's not quite want. I want... something creamy, peaches, creamy, pie, tarts! oh what was that recipe I saw in that cookbook I have, there it is - Fruit Tarts!... oh I wish I had strawberries, alas I have no strawberries, but peaches will do. Yes lets give it a go!

And mmmmm, yum yum, just what I wanted.

Thank you Robyn Russell and your 'More Gluten free and easy' cookbook. For convenience I have the pastry and custard recipes listed as separate posts via links, so you don't have a gigantic long recipe.

INGREDIENTS:
For Pastry cases, see Shortcrust Pastry
For Custard Cream Filling see Homemade Custard
2 Peaches

METHOD:
1) Preheat oven to 170C/325F/Gas 3. 
2) Grease Muffin tray or individual tart tins.
3) On a floured surface, roll out the pastry that has been refrigerated for at least an hour, to about 1/4 - 1/2 inch inch thickness, and using cutters cut out rounds and gently place into the prepared tins.
5) Prick the bottoms of the pastry cases and bake in the oven for 10-15 mins, then remove and cool.
6) Fill the cooled pastry cases with the custard cream and place slices of peach or strawberries or other berries on top. (I peel the peaches as the skins are high in insoluble fibre and can be irritating for those with Colitis and Crohns)
7) Eat right away, or store in the refrigerator till ready to eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment